River tourism and cruises in
Discover river tourism in Charente with license free boats. River tourism enables you to discover Historical cities like Cognac, Angoulême or Jarnac.
Called by the king François 1er as "most beautiful river of the country", the Charente offers from Rochefort to Angoulême, passing by Cognac et Jarnac, one of the gorgeouest navigation place in France. With more than 160 kms of navigable waterways, and only 21 locks, the Charente invites you to nice walks.
Main places of interest in Charente:
- Angoulême: its great Cathedral Saint Pierre, its small and narow streets and its medieval ramparts
- The gorgeous Château de Saint Brice and very famous gastronomical restaurant "la Ribaudière" in Bourg-Charente
- Chocolate tasting in Trois Pallis
- For the children, the leisure and amusement park in Saint Savinien with swimming pool and mini-golf: pefect for picnics!!
- Gastronomical sea products: Marennes-Oléron oysters, tuna and other fishes
- Navigable waterways in Charente: the Charente river
Please select the base you are interested in for your river cruise in Charente: