River tourism and cruises in
Canal de Bourgogne
Discover river tourism in Burgundy with license free boats. River tourism enables you to discover Historical cities like Dijon, Macon, Nevers and Seurre.
The Burgundy waterways are part the largest river network in France. With very different landscapes, Burgundy offers you its best attractions: mountains and valleys in the Dijonnais area, charming flowered villages with houseswith tiled roofs, large plains and green slopes full of vines in the Mâconnais...
Main attractions of river Tourism in Burgundy:
- An incredible range if monuments and sites along the canals
- The bridge- Briare´s canal ( Eiffel´s work)
- The Cistercian Abbey of Fontenay (UNESCO world heritage)
- Nevers: cathedral, ducal palace, romanesque church, faience manufactures...
- The great Châteaux of Burgundy: Bussy, Tanlay, Ancy-le-Franc, Nuits, Maulne...
- Great bicycle ways along the canals and in the countryside
- The cuisine and gastronomical restaurants
- The world famous wines
- Navigable waterways in Burgundy: the Yonne river, the Canal du Nivernais, the Canal de Bourgogne, th Canal latéral à la Loire, the Canal du centre, the Canal de Roanne à Digoin, the Saône river and the Seille river.
Please select the base you are interested in for you river cruise in Burgundy: