River tourism and cruises on the Göta Canal, Sweden
Come discover the «Göta Kanal»!
Known for being "the greatest wonder" of the country, it is also called "the blue ribbon of Sweden." This canal runs from Sjötorp on Lake Vänern to Söderköping on the east coast. It thus travels 190 km and is punctuated with 58 locks.
The medieval town of Söderköping it is idyllic with its paved streets, its parks and a multitude of tourist sites. You will find many restaurants and cafes in its port. The "Bondens Crêperie och Lanthandel" proposes regional dishes made from local products. You can also taste the à la carte dishes and discover the great cellar, without forgetting the best Swedish ice cream maker, which offers 60 different types of flavors! «Kajutan» and «KanalKrogen» are very nice restaurants and above all don't miss the smoked salmon from «Malts Fish koch Delikatesser» at Sjötorp.
Main points of interest in the Göta Kanal Sweden:
- The Berg locks, the famous lock staircase and its golf and adventure course.
- Choo-choo and the craftsman Smultronstället ice cream parlor in Söderköping, the Ljungsbro Chocolate Factory.
- The automobile museum in Motala.
- The biggest indoor sandy beach from Sweden, in Motala.
- Vadstena, a pretty little town from the Middle Ages and its marina in the castle moats.
- The strength of Karlsborg, your treasure hunt and your adventure tour.
- Forsvik, the oldest lock, musical or theatrical evenings and nights, etc.
- Norrqvarn, its locks for the children's mini canal.
For some tours, a license is required, please contact us