River tourism and cruises in Aquitaine
Discover discover the wonderful pleasure of river tourism in Aquitaine with our selection of boats without a license. River tourism in Aquitaine allows you to discover historical cities such as Agen, Casseneuil or Castelmoron. This region has more than 300 kms of waterways in 5 rivers and channels with very varied itineraries and landscapes that unite the serenity of the channel of the two seas and the wild charm of the Baïse, the beauties of the Lot and the greatness of the Garonne. The Canal Latéral à la Garonne can be considered the “second cousin” of the famous Canal du Midi.
In the lands of King Henry IV and the Musketeer d'Artagnan, you will be able to do a great circuit that will lead you to the regional curiosities of the Baïse and the lateral canal to the Garonne: the art glassware of Vianne, the castle of Nérac, the Abbey of Flaran, the monastery of Moissac, the cathedral of Condom, the canal bridge Agen, the water slope of Montech, the strength of Villeneuve sur Lot.
The strong points: Possibility of navigating by canal and / or river and it is a region with automatic locks. An ideal river cruise without a permit for beginners! Formerly, the waters of Aquitaine were heavily trafficked by commercial ships. Today, the only boats you'll find are rented pleasure boats like yours.
The gastronomy of the South-West:
Aquitaine also offers numerous gastronomic delights, such as magrets, sweetbreads, Foie gras or the delicious plums of Agen. But, without a doubt, the main gastronomic asset of Aquitaine are its vineyards. From the famous Bordeaux vineyards, such as that of Saint-Emilion, recognized by UNESCO until the House of Wines in Bergerac.
Main cities to visit:
- Buzet: Charming town where the excellent wine of the Buzet appellation is made.
- Condom: The capital of Armagnac is a small town with beautiful old buildings.
- Did you know that D'Artagnan of the Three Musketeers is originally from this city?
- Nérac: Medieval and Renaissance town, surrounded by a magnificent landscape.
- Agen: Capital of Aquitaine, it is a city with the advantages and comforts of a big city but without the crowds. Enjoy its great natural and historical heritage.
- Mas d'Agenais: It is one of the oldest towns in the Lot. The flowers that decorate the city offer a spectacle of colors to behold.
Main points of interest in Aquitaine:
- The Canal d'Agen bridge with 23 arches and 549 meters in length
- Moissac and its famous Abbey 11th century
- The medieval towns from the Lot valley or from Castelmoron
- Casseneuil, "Little Venice", and the stupendous frescoes in his church
- Nérac, the Castle of Henry IV, the port, the docks and the old stalls now transformed into restaurants
- Buzet, and his wines
- Toulouse, the «Pink City»: the Capitole square and the Romanesque basilica of Saint-Sernin.
- Inland waterways in Aquitaine: the Canal latéral à la Garonne, the Baïse, the Lot, the Tarn and the Garonne
For some tours, a license is required, please contact us