Refund of your cruise in case of cancellation due to force majeure
We are all looking forward to traveling, resting, disconnecting but above all taking care of ourselves. River tourism brings you many benefits with the current pandemic situation since you can enjoy a river cruise without the need for a license and especially without contact with the outside. We offer you the best alternative for sightseeing in the time of Coronavirus without contacts and on a previously disinfected boat.
But surely you fear for your vacation plans and for your money, that is why the Covid cancellation policy gives you a guarantee and the possibility of reimbursement because we know that you are wondering:
Below we inform you of all the details and reservation conditions and we encourage you to book now that it is a good time since there is still availability so that you have the illusion of waiting for the most dreamed of time of the year to arrive. (Danfluvial collaborates with 4 companies present in hundreds of ports in Europe. Here we include the general and common conditions of all ports but on some occasions they may change depending on the port of departure. Before making the payment we will inform you of the specific conditions of your ship and port)
Attention! If you have benefited from a bonus from a cancellation that occurred between March 1 and September 15, 2020, we will not proceed with the immediate refund: regarding ordinance No. 2020-315, you must use this bonus within the deadline 18 months from cancellation. If after the date you have not used this voucher, we will refund the corresponding amount at the end of the legal period of 18 months following your first cancellation.
The reasons of force majeure related to Covid-19.
They are considered “FORCE MAJEURE” - FORCE MAJEURE (in the sense of article L211.14 of the Tourism Code: “exceptional and unavoidable circumstances occurring in
the place of destination or in the immediate vicinity thereof, with important consequences in the performance of the contract or in the transport of passengers to the place of destination ”):
For any of the reasons listed below to apply, it must be confirmed that they will remain in effect on the date of departure. If the restrictions are in effect without a final end date, you will not be able to cancel the cruise until 4 weeks before departure, at which point they must remain in effect to be entitled to a refund.
- We have confirmed that we are unable to carry out your cruise due to local government restrictions.
- The border is closed (that of the country of origin or destination)
- The authorities of your country impose a limited zone of movement (ex: 100 km around your residence)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises that "all" or "everything except essential travel" should not be carried out at the reserved destination and these measures remain in effect on the date of departure.
- The government of the destination country asks you not to go on vacation with people who are not living together.
- Authorities require that you self-quarantine upon arrival at your destination or after you return to your home country, regardless of whether you have tested negative for Covid-19. Some countries do not require quarantine if you have a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours before departure. In this case, refusal to undergo testing and subsequent quarantine are not valid grounds under this policy.
- Positive covid: If you or a member of the crew test positive for Covid, keep in mind that from some ports the reimbursement is contemplated simply with being positive, however from other ports it is only reimbursed when the crew requires hospitalization and provided that they have contracted the cancellation insurance. Otherwise you are offered a bonus to spend on other dates. These conditions vary according to the ship and port of departure, for more details consult us before confirming the reservation.
If you are affected by any of the above cases, do not hesitate to notify us as soon as possible in writing. Depending on the time remaining for the departure date of your cruise, some measures or others will be taken. If there is still enough left, we invite you to wait to see the evolution of the pandemic.
Alternatives at your convenience:
- A postponement of your cruise (with possible change of base, ship and / or dates)
- A deferral of amounts already paid (credit valid for 18 months)
- A refund of the sums already paid (In some ports). The request must be made in writing.
Terms and conditions of this policy (for reservations confirmed before 02/28)
* Refund Guarantee: In accordance with our reservation terms and conditions, if your balance is not paid on time, we will cancel your reservation and retain your deposit and any other pertinent charges. In that case, you will not be entitled to any subsequent refund under our Money Back Guarantee. The expiration date of the balance will be clearly indicated in the confirmation of your reservation.
** Total flexibility: We will not charge the costs of modifying the departure date, duration, base, region and type of boat, provided there is availability. If the new cost of the cruise is higher, you will have to pay the difference. If the new cost of the cruise is lower, only in some cases there is the possibility of receiving a bonus for extras.
Yes, without a doubt. A river cruise is the ideal vacation mode in the current context: You sail alone with your family or friends away from the big tourist areas and aboard a totally disinfected boat with a strict protocol after each client leaves. A boat vacation is the perfect post-confinement getaway.
From some ports the reimbursement is contemplated simply with being positive, however from other ports it is only reimbursed when the crew requires hospitalization and provided that they have contracted cancellation insurance. These conditions vary according to the ship and port of departure, for more details consult us before confirming the reservation.
We are preparing all ships and bases to open in March / April as planned and there are currently no restrictions that extend into the new sailing season. Some restrictions may remain in effect at the beginning of the season, but we will not act until approximately four weeks before departure. We are constantly aware of government advice and restrictions on movement and travel in each of our destinations and we will keep you (or your agent) informed as soon as possible if we make any operational decisions that affect your cruise.
Reservations that we cannot operate due to restrictions due to the Coronavirus will be entitled to a full refund or a voucher for a change of dates according to the port of departure. Consult us for more information.
Unfortunately not. If you wish to keep your reservation, you must pay the balance in accordance with our usual conditions. The same applies to any intermediate payment term detailed in your booking confirmation. If the balance (or interim payment) is not paid on time, we will cancel your reservation and retain your deposit and any other applicable charges. In that case, you will not be entitled to any subsequent refund under our Money Back Guarantee. The due date of the balance will be clearly indicated on the booking confirmation.
Port personnel have put into practice rigorous sanitary rules for the cleaning of their ships and the reception of sailors at their nautical bases.
In cooperation with other river and maritime boat rental professionals, a health ordinance has been drawn up in collaboration with the FEDERATION OF NAUTICAL INDUSTRIES, an ordinance validated by the French authorities.
This health protocol details, in particular, the conditions of reception of clients in the office (1 person only, rules of distancing, mandatory mask, ...), the dematerialization of documents on board (river guide, navigation aid brochure , ...), the protection measures at the time of the navigation instruction (1 person only with the instructor, mandatory mask, ...), the rigorous rules for disinfection of ships (ventilation, cleaning, systematic disinfection of surfaces such as countertops, toilets, handles, dishes, ...)
On the other hand, as soon as you get to boarding, the port staff invites you to fill out a “Good Health” / “Health Care” certificate, which guarantees that none of the crew members have symptoms related to COVID 19 on the day of embarkation, and that they have respected the governmental sanitary protection measures during the 14 days prior to their cruise.
At Danfluvial we invite you to discover this special atmosphere of river tourism, with numerous destinations, practical advice, river itineraries and the boats without permits available
Don't think twice, book your river boat now and enjoy!